What a pleasure it is to enjoy a cold beer on a sunny terrace! Did you know that beer can also be used in the soap making process, giving them exceptional properties for the skin? Discover our beer soaps and their benefits.
The story behind these soaps
Since 2012, we have teamed up with Les Brasseurs du Temps, a microbrewery in Gatineau that produces more than thirty top-quality beers on site. In order to avoid waste during production, we recycle the beer contained in the keg lines. When emptying these lines, we collect the beer that would otherwise be discarded, giving it a second life as soap.
The benefits of hops on the skin
Contrary to what you might think, these soaps don't smell like beer, but offer all the benefits of hops on the skin. In fact, hops are known to contain skin-softening amino acids that can help soothe irritated and inflamed skin. Adding beer to the soap makes it even more moisturizing, as well as providing a generous lather that makes it all the more enjoyable to use. In addition, the brewer's yeast in beer acts as an antibacterial agent, ideal for fighting acne. Beer generally contains a quantity of vitamin B, which acts as a moisturizer and antioxidant.
Thus, we use beer in our soaps for its ability to maintain the PH balance of the skin, for its antibacterial and moisturizing properties and for its thick and creamy lather.
A source of softness and hydration, our line is available in four soaps:
- Energizing Orange: This soap is a bright combination of orange, bergamot and tangerine zest. A real ray of sunshine with a rich lather and oils with moisturizing properties.
- Boreal: With nature in mind, this soap is fresh and woody. It contains activated charcoal that draws impurities and toxins out of the skin. A truly moisturizing experience inspired by our boreal forests.
- Monaco: Fresh and clean. A fancy cocktail containing a mix of light beer and lemonade with some fresh raspberries.
- Marrakesh: A luxurious, deep and very warm scent that evokes the exotic bazaars of Marrakesh. This beer-based soap is a complex blend of musk, sandalwood and a touch of spice.
- Cucumber & Cilantro: For the true amateur of cucumber scent. This soap is sooo fresh! Pure cucumber mixed with cilantro and a dash of wasabi.
Have you tried any of these soaps and would like to share your impressions? We invite you to leave a review on Google or Facebook or to share a photo of your moment of self care on social media by tagging #SaponariaSoapery.